Lifestyle Changes To Be Made After Angioplasty
It is very obvious to feel a little different than usual after your angioplasty surgery. Besides the physical changes you might even go through a lot of emotional changes, you might feel a vast difference within your body which is to be accepted at the earliest you can. Getting back to your normal life routine can be a tough challenge as you find yourself surrounded by too many restrictions.
The angioplasty procedure surely does makes the blood flow smoothly through the artery, but it can still not prohibit the build-up of plaque. Here is where following a healthy lifestyle plays a major role post angioplasty surgery.
- A Healthy Diet: The first most important change you need to make in your lifestyle post angioplasty surgery is in your diet. Make sure you follow a healthy diet full of vitamins, dietary fiber, minerals, and antioxidants. You can include meat, fish (omega-3 fatty acids), whole grains, dairy products (with low fat), healthy fats (nuts, seeds, avocado), water, and more in your diet. Reduce the intake of salt, and avoid consuming sugary food.
- Exercise: To avoid other health risks such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, and obesity, you need to keep yourself physically active. Warm-up for a minimum of 10 minutes before starting with your exercise routine. This will raise your heart rate gradually, reducing the strain on your heart. Warm-up will also activate your muscles for the main workout session. Do not forget to cool down post-workout with a gentle stretch & slow walking. However, it is highly recommended to consult your doctor on what exercises would be safe for you to perform. Exercising on regular basis will help in speedy recovery post angioplasty surgery.
- Watch Your Weight: If you are overweight or obese, losing a few kilos will improvise your cholesterol level, blood pressure, and blood sugar level. You will experience the benefits after dropping a few kilos. You can work upon your weight-loss plan under your doctor’s guidance.
- Quit Smoking: If you are someone who is addicted to smoking, you need to quit it on an immediate basis. Smoking does not only damage your lungs, but it also harms your blood vessels and raises the blood pressure & cholesterol level. Quitting up on smoking would be one of the best steps you could take towards a healthy lifestyle post angioplasty surgery.
- Keep a Check on Your Feelings: Angioplasty patients often suffer from depression and the reason for this can be both physiological and psychological factors. If not treated on time, depression can worsen your health. Pay detailed attention to your feelings, if you even get a hint about feeling depressed, immediately speak to your doctor.
- Good Sleep: A study shows that an angioplasty patient with poor sleep holds a higher risk of another surgery within the next 4 years. To avoid such circumstances in the future, make sure to get yourself a good sleep every night. Avoid consuming alcohol, caffeine, and heavy meals in the evening.
Conclusion: Do not risk your health by participating in any activity without consulting your doctor. If you observe even the slightest of discomfort post angioplasty procedure, immediately get in touch with your concerned doctor.
लोणी काळभोर येथील विश्वराज हॉस्पिटलमध्ये ‘जागतिक फिजिओथेरपी दिन’ उत्साहात साजरा Date : 10/09/2023 News Source From : Pune Prime News जागतिक फिजिओथेरपी दिन 8 सप्टेंबर
Loni Kalbhor News : लोणी काळभोर येथील विश्वराज हॉस्पिटल मध्ये राष्ट्रीय पोषण सप्ताह 2023 साजरा Date : 09/09/2023 , Source From Pune Prime News Loni
Loni Kalbhor : लोणी काळभोर येथील विश्वराज हॉस्पिटलमध्ये ओणम सणानिमित्त सांस्कृतिक उपक्रमांची रेलचेल.
लोणी काळभोर येथील विश्वराज हॉस्पिटलमध्ये ओणम सणानिमित्त सांस्कृतिक उपक्रमांची रेलचेल 01 Sept 2023 “ONAM Festival” ओणम’ हा सण फक्त केरळमध्येच नव्हे तर महाराष्ट्रात देखील पारंपरिक
🎨🌟 Celebrating Kids Art Adventure at VishwaRaj Hospital! 🌟🎉 In a heartwarming gesture, VishwaRaj Hospital once again showcases its unwavering commitment to patient care! 🏥✨
Marking the Special Breastfeeding Week, VishwaRaj Hospital’s “Maher- A Comprehensive Mother & Child” has orchestrated an exciting in-house art competition!
Marking the Special Breastfeeding Week, VishwaRaj Hospital’s “Maher- A Comprehensive Mother & Child” has orchestrated an exciting in-house art competition! Date : 07 Augest ,
The Importance of Orthopedic Care: How it Impacts Your Quality of Life Introduction In the pursuit of a fulfilling life, the significance of good health