6 min videoRead More
5 Easy Ways for Beginners to Reduce Obesity (Weight)
Obesity & Nutrition Clinic In Pune Vishwaraj Hospital
Obesity is one of the emerging health crises in India with over 135 million people being obese among the total population of the country. If you are looking for easy solutions to overcome obesity at the earliest stage, this article is a must read for you.
What is Obesity?
Obesity, also defined as overweight is a complex situation wherein an individual’s body gets accumulated with the excess amount of fat which can further lead to greater health risks such as:
- High Blood Pressure
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Fatty Liver Diseases
- Kidney Disease
- Pregnancy Problems
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Gallbladder Disease
- Some Cancers
How to measure your obesity?
This is the most frequently asked question on how can you figure out you are overweight and obese. Is there any particular method/calculation for obesity?
Body Mass Index (BMI) is an easy way to calculate whether you have an healthy weight for your height. It considers an average of body fat concerning the height and weight of an individual. As per the calculations, an individual with a BMI of more than 25 is considered to be overweight and with a BMI of more than 30 is considered to be obese.
There is a very thin line between a healthy weight, being overweight, and being obese. Most people fall prey to the criteria set by society for being overweight and obese where they end up following wrong diet plans and practicing wrong exercises or doing the excessive workout in the gym.
5 Easy Ways to Reduce Weight:
The process of reducing weight should be carried in a way that does not add to any additional risk to your health. Here are the 5 easy ways to reduce weight without having any side effects:
- A Good Walk: Self-motivation & determination is one of the true keys to weight loss and that can be achieved with having a regular good walk. You start with fewer steps and can pull up to 10,000 steps per day which is the easiest and highly recommended way of losing weight.
- Minimize Liquid Calories: Soft drinks, hot & cold beverages, with added sugar can quickly shoot up the calories your body. When thirsty, you can always opt for water (an immediate source of vanishing thirst), or go for some healthy low-calorie fruit juice options. Be aware, the alcohol calorie counts on too!
- Try Intermittent Fasting: Intermittent fasting is one of the most common modes of fasting recommended by gym trainers to beginners. This pattern of the eating cycle focuses more on when to eat rather than what one should eat. There are multiple intermittent fasting plans available; you should go with the plan which suits their schedule & lifestyle.
- Opt for Home Remedies: Nothing works best than homemade remedies! Mentioning a few of the home remedies for weight loss one can start with:
- Lemon water with honey
- Chewing raw garlic
- Say no to artificial sugar
- Always stay hydrated
- Consume more whole grain food
- Honey and cinnamon tea
- Sleep for 8 Hours: This might come as a shock but having a regular sleep of 8 hours can help in reducing weight! Having a good sleep helps in regulating several body functions and proper digestion process as well. It also balances the normal metabolic rate of the body which plays a vital role in discarding the excessive fat from the body.
Conclusion: These were a few easy tips for the overweight and obese beginners to start with, though there are also multiple ways out there for those looking for faster transformation.
Featured in 10 Most Trusted Hospitals in Pune
Our Health & Diagnostic Packages
- Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN)
- Serum Alanine Transaminase (SGPT)
- Serum Alkaline Phosphatase
- Serum Aspartate Transaminase (SGOT)
- Serum Bilirubin (Total, Direct & Indirect)
- Serum Creatinine
- Serum Electrolytes
- Serum Protein
- Thyroid Profile Total (T3,T4&TSH)
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin D
- PAP Smear
- Haemogram (Cbc)
- Dental Consultation(Package)
- Dietician Consultation (First Visit)
- Obs & Gynae Consultation(Package)
For detailed information contact us
Expert Medical Team
VishwaRaj Hospital prides itself in providing the best services for the most critical departments. We are equipped with the best state-of-the-art technology,