VishwaRaj Hospital’s Centre for Neurosciences provides comprehensive evaluation and therapeutic services to a wide range of neurological conditions like Neurotrauma, Stroke, Brain Haemorrhage, Backache, Spinal Disorders, Neuro-Oncology, Epilepsy and other Neurological ailments. Under our Neuro Critical Care Program, we manage patients with life threatening neurological and neurosurgicalcritical illnesses.
Treatment & Services
There are various disorders of brain and spine that need urgent treatment or care. Some of the common disorders are:
- A brain tumor is a mass of abnormal cells in your brain. Brain tumors can be of many types. Some of these tumors are noncancerous (benign), and some are cancerous (malignant). A brain tumor can begin in your brain (primary brain tumors), or cancer from other parts of the body can spread to your brain (called secondary brain tumors).
- Spine is animportant part of the central nervous system of the body. Itcan have numerous disorders like Degenerative Intervertebral disc, Ligament Strain, Herniated disc, Spinal Stenosis and Bone spurs, Scoliosis or Spinal instability, Spinal infections, or Spinal tumors.
- It is a serious medical condition in which cerebral arteries are blocked or damaged causing injury to the brain. A stroke can be anticipated in a patient by symptoms like blurred vision, difficulty in speaking, confusion, severe headache, numbness, etc. A stroke needs urgent care by expert neurologists at Stroke hospital in order to prevent serious consequences.
- - Headache is one of the most common types of health problem, related to a neurological disorder. Due to current lifestyle, stress has become a major cause of headache. There are various kinds of headaches like Tension headaches, Migraines, and Cluster headaches. If you experience a headache very rarely, than it is okay but if you experience a headache repeatedly, then you should visit a doctor at the earliest in a Neurology Hospital. Recurring headaches can indicate a serious underlying condition.
- - It is a disorder of the nervous system that affects the movement of the body. Parkinson’s Disease leads to constipation, impaired sense of smell, tremors, speech changes, muscle stiffness, etc. Your doctor may diagnose Parkinson’s Disease with the help of particular examination and tests.. Once diagnosed, it is often treated or managed by medications.
- - It is a sudden disturbance in the electrical activities of the brain that results in abnormal body part movements and loss of consciousness. The seizures can occur just once or may appear repeatedly.. Repeated incidence or seizures is called epilepsy. It is important to see a doctor just after you experience the first seizure. Early detection and treatment can prevent loss of memory or damage in the brain. Epilepsy can occur due to a genetic disorder or because of some injury caused by stroke or trauma. It is mostly treated by medications and some dietary changes whereas in other cases surgery may be required
Our Approach to Patients
VishwaRaj Hospital is the Brain Hospital in Pune where we have a team-based approach to ensure that comprehensive and optimal treatment is provided to every neuro patient. Our integrated team of neurologists, neurosurgeons, interventional neuro-radiologists, neuro anesthetists and physiotherapist work with the latest technologies to treat all kind of brain and spinal disorders.
State of the Art Operation Theaters
Centre for Neurosciences at VishwaRaj Hospital has state of the art Operation theaters with laminar air flow, advanced DSA, Cusa, High Tech Operating Microscope, and all relevant surgical & diagnostic tools to treat complicated neurosurgical cases in an efficient and safe manner.
State of the Art ICU
The critical care unit at VishwaRaj Hospital is equipped with latest ventilators, monitors & defibrillators and is manned 24 hours by experienced intensivists.
Latest Operating Microscope
Latest operating microscope with tumor luminescence facility helps in differentiating tumor from healthy brain tissue thereby minimizing deficits and improving surgical results. This implies better results and shorter operating time.
Latest DSA with modern technology gives high resolution images with decreased radiation exposure to the patients.
High Tech C Arm
The High Tech C Arm has reduced the scan time to half thereby reducing the exposure to radiations.
State of the art Electrophysiology Lab
The state of the art Electrophysiology lab under the supervision of experienced neurologists offers best services in NCV, EMG, Evoked potentials and EEG.
Neuro rehabilitation & Physiotherapy
At VishwaRaj Hospital, Neurological rehabilitation is designed to help treat patients with neurological diseases. It aims to increase function, reduce debilitating symptoms, and improve a patient’s quality of life. We have facility of Strengthening Exercises, Matrix Therapy, and advanced equipment like Muscle Stimulation, IFT, Ultrasound Traction, laser therapy to help patients.
Department of Neurosurgery and Neurology
All About Neurosurgery & Neurology
We don’t pay attention to some of the daily automatic activities like waking up, breathing, thinking, remembering, reading, etc. Thanks to our nervous system that guides these activities on its own. Our nervous system is important for our overall well being and health. But any disorder or disease in this nervous system can shake up the whole system of our bodies.
It is a field that involves non-surgical treatments of all the disorders and diseases. The cases that need surgeries are then transferred to another sub-department called neurosurgery.
Since our hospital is located on the highway, we tend to receive a lot of road traffic accident cases with involvement of the brain and the nervous system. Keeping this in mind, we have ensured a robust Neurosciences department at VishwaRaj Hospital. This department, with its 2 branches, Neurosurgery and Neurology are highly competent to diagnose, operate, treat and care for all patients requiring urgent and excellent care.
In the department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, we investigate, examine, diagnose and treat all kinds of neurological disorders. Our team of expert neurosurgeons, neurologists, nurses, and clerical personnel are ever ready to provide the best treatment for neurological diseases.
Neurological Disorders and Diseases
Neurosurgery & Neurology Services At VishwaRaj Hospital
Treatments & Cure
Infrastructure at Neurosurgery Department
The Department of Neurosurgery & Neurology at VishwaRaj Hospital offers all the neurological services including all IPD and OPD services. This department has fully functional electrophysiology laboratory that helps in various neurophysiological testes like Evoked potentials, NCV, EMG, EEG long term and ambulatory EEG, etc At Vishwaraj Hospital, brain decompression surgeries are performed with great precision in our fully equipped operation theatres by our senior surgeons with more than 15 years of surgical experience to their credit.
In our hospital, Cerebral (brain) stroke patients are immediately treated (within the “Golden hour” time period) ensuring a good prognosis and rapid postoperative recovery. Our Neurology team provides both Neurodiagnostic and intervention services to address all neurological ailments. This team works in collaboration with diagnostic, surgery and rehabilitation departments to achieve best results and treatments.
Our Expert Doctors- Department of Neurosurgery and Neurology
Let Us Book Your Appointment with Best Doctors
Our Health & Diagnostic Packages
- Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN)
- Serum Alanine Transaminase (SGPT)
- Serum Albumin
- Serum Alkaline Phosphatase
- Serum Aspartate Transaminase (SGOT)
- Serum Bilirubin (Total, Direct & Indirect)
- Serum Creatinine
- Serum Electrolytes
- Serum Globulin
- Serum Protein
- Thyroid Profile Total (T3,T4&TSH)
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin D
- USG Abdomen & Pelvis
- Haemogram (Cbc)
- Psa-Prostate Specific Antigen
- Dental Consultation(Package)
- Dietician Consultation (First Visit)
- Physician Consultation(Package)