Dr. Amruta Beke is a Consultant in Oncology at VishwaRaj Hospital with rich 10 years of experience in Thoracic, Oesophageal, and GI oncology. She is a key member of the patient care team in promoting standards of care, procedures, methods, techniques, safety precautions, and study protocols in the hospital.
She has presented papers on Single center experience of esophagectomies, Lymph node metastases in breast cancer- Biology or chronology. Role of PET scan in follow up of operated colorectal cancer patients and Restaging after Neoadjuvant Chemo-radiation in Rectal Cancers.
Dr. Amruta was good at academics where she was runner up in state-level surgical quiz at Ludhiana. Having a keen interest in the teaching field as well, she worked as a lecturer at Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital.
• MBBS from MUHS
• D.N.B. (General surgery) from Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune
• Senior Resident – department of surgical oncology at B.R.A.I.R.C.H., AIIMS, Delhi
• M.Ch. Surgical Oncology from Tata Memorial Hospital, Parel, Mumbai
Post M.Ch SR at Tata Memorial Hospital.
• Fellowship in Thoracic, esophageal, and GI oncology, Tokyo Women’s University, Tokyo, Japan.
• Single-center experience of esophagectomies at MASICON
• Lymph node metastases in breast cancer- Biology or chronology? at Ambay valley, Lonavala.
• Role of PET Scan in follow up of operated colorectal cancer patients: do CEA levels define the indication?” presented at the conference of the Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland, (ACPGBI) presented at Edinburgh.
• Restaging after Neoadjuvant Chemo-radiation in Rectal Cancers: Is Histology the Key in Patient Selection? – presented at IASGO, Fuzhou, China.
She has been practicing in the branch of Surgical Oncology for 10 years.
In Thoracic and esophageal surgery including lung cancers, esophageal cancers, thymic tumors including thoracoscopic resection(vats).