Consultant -Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Dr. Sushama is a renowned gynecologist and obstetrician with vast 11 years of experience. The doctor is highly proficient in Cesarean sections, normal & operative vaginal deliveries, dilatation & curettage, MTP, abdominal & vaginal hysterectomies, myomectomies, diagnostic laparoscopies & hysteroscopies. The doctor is well-versed in infertility management and IUI. She has a keen interest in research where she won first prize in SCAR ENDOMETRIOSIS and SIS in the evaluation of postmenopausal bleeding papers presentation. Dr. Sushama is a dedicated, knowledgeable teacher.
● MBBS from Goa Medical College
● M.D (Obstetrics & Gynaecology) from Goa Medical College.
● Diploma in gynaecological endoscopy from Kiel school of Endoscopy, Germany.
● MRCOG degree and now a member of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, London.
● Fellowship in reproductive medicine
● Junior and Senior resident at Goa medical college.
● Junior consultant at Joseph nursing home, Chennai.
● Fellow in Laparoscopy from Galaxy Care Laparoscopy Institute.
● Fellow in Infertility & Reproductive medicine from Nadkarni Hospitals & Test Tube baby centre, Gujarat.
● Trainee in Chikitsa Hospital & Training Centre, Mumbai.
● Lecturer at Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital & Research Centre
● Consultant at VishwaRaj hospital.
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
● Smt. R.G Cardozo And Gracias Gold Medal for obtaining highest marks in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the M.B.B.S EXAMINATION held in January 2008.
● Highest marks in Forensic Medicine from GMC at 2nd M.B.B.S EXAMINATION held in January 2006.
● Awarded First Prize in Poster presentation for SCAR ENDOMETRIOSIS at 5th National IeveI CME at VIMS Bellary in December 2011.
● Won First prize for paper presentation on SIS in the evaluation of postmenopausal bleeding at 26th annual POGS conference (action 14) in November 2017.
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS:
● Presented a scientific paper entitled “Scar Endometriosis’: a case report at POGS (Panaji Obstetrics and Gynaecology Society.)
● Published a scientific paper, SUCCESSFUL OUTCOME IN NEAR TERM SECONDARY ABDOMINAL PREGNANCY PRESENTING AS DIAGNOSTIC DILEMMA, In IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences( IOSR- JDMS ), e-ISSN: 2279-0853, p- ISSN: 2279-0861. VOL 8, issue 6 ( Jul-aug 2013), PP 83-86.
● Published a scientific paper on, A CASE OF ABDOMINAL SCAR ENDOMETRIOSIS: A RARE ENTITY AND REVIEW OF LITERATURE. In Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences 2013; Vol 2, Issue 32, Aug 12; Page 6056-6060.
● Published a scientific paper on A RARE FETAL ANOMALY CAUSING OBSTRUCTED LABOUR-Prune belly syndrome. In Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences 2014; Vol. 3, Issue 56, October 27; Page: 12829-12833.
● Presented Thesis paper: “VITAMIN C AND E IN THE PREVENTION OF PREECLAMPSIA AND ITS EFFECT ON NEONATAL OUTCOME.” At the AICOG 2015.
● Presented paper: ” LAPAROSCOPIC URETERONEOCYSTOSTOMY ” at 21st Millenium update at Daman in 2015.
● Published thesis in the Journal of Obstet and gynaecol, April 2016.
● Published an article, EARLY ONSET INTRAHEPATIC CHOLESTASIS OF PREGNANCY: IS PROGESTERONE SUPPLEMENTATION TO BE BLAMED FOR? In Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, April 2019; Volume 69, Issue 2, page: 192–193.
● Published an article, EVALUATION OF EFFICACY OF SALINE INFUSION SONOHYSTEROGRAPHY IN PATIENTS WITH POSTMENOPAUSAL BLEEDING. In Journal of South Asian Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2020;12(2):79-84.
Conferences and workshop’s attended:
● Participated in 5th National level CME at VIMS BELLARY.
● Participated in THE LIVE HYSTEROSCOPY WORKSHOP conducted by GMC and FOGSI.
● Participated in THE LIVE OPERATIVE LAPAROSCOPY WORKSHOP in Gynaecology at GMC Bambolim.
● Participated in scientific sessions of National ISPAT WORKSHOP held in Panaji Goa.
● Participated as Faculty in Breast Feeding Management Workshop held at GMC.
● Participated in 58th AICOG 2015 Chennai, Obstetrics & Gynaecology conference.
● Participated in endoscopy and hysteroscopy workshop at 21st Millenium update 2015 conference held at Daman.
● Participated in many gynaecological endoscopy camps held at Galaxy care hospital Pune, during my fellowship.
● Participated in CME and conferences conducted by Pune Obstetrics & Gynaecological Society.
● Participated in the IAP-NNF Neonatal resuscitation program as BNCRP part-1 course (first golden minute project) held in Pune.
● Participated in sexual medicine-andrology conference & andrology hands-on workshop at DMH, Pune.
Areas of Interest:
Advanced Laparoscopy & Reproductive medicine.