Which Delivery is more Painful?
- Pain in C-section delivery
When the doctor is performing C-section, you don’t feel any pain. However, you may have a feeling of pressure or like someone is pulling. The doctor usually gives regional anesthesia to numb the waist down area of your body. Thus rest of your body part is fully awake. This way, you can see the birth of your baby and listen to your baby’s first cry.
However, in case of emergency C-section delivery, the doctor might require to give you general anesthesia. After getting general anesthesia, you will be completely unconscious and won’t see the delivery. You won’t be able to remember anything after delivery.
- Pain during vaginal delivery
The pain during standard delivery is due to the uterus muscles’ contraction and the pressure you feel on the cervix. The pain also spreads in the abdominal area, inguinal area, and back. Some may also experience pain in the inner thigh area and sides. Other reasons for pain during labor are pressure on the bowel and bladder by the child’s head. There may also be pressure due to stretching of the vagina and birth canal.
However, the intensity of labor is different for every woman. It may also vary on the type of pregnancy. Some women experience menstrual cramping and some severe pressure. At the same time, others go through severe cramp-like diarrheal cramping.
Moreover, going through the pain is not the hard part; the hard part is that it keeps coming back. The situation gets worse as labor progresses since the duration between contractions reduces gradually.
- How to handle labor pain
Everyone is different and reacts differently during labor, but you can expect some pain in any case. So it’s better to prepare yourself beforehand. To make yourself more robust so you can endure pain easily. It is even more essential if your labor lasts for a long time. You can follow the following methods to handle pain during labor:
- Lamaze: You can try Lamaze before giving birth. It helps to build up your confidence to the next level. It is a very healthy and natural process. In Lamaze, you carry some breathing and relaxation exercises to help you tackle pain during labor. In the session, you also learn how to distract yourself during a difficult time.
- Bradley method: In this method, your partner is also involved. The process focuses on relaxation, nutrition, breathing technique, and exercise.
Many women find ease by walking, massaging, shifting positions, or listening to music when going through pain. The two delivery options have pros and cons; you cannot look at the painful part only. It will be best if you discuss it with your doctor before making any decision.
Patient also want to know
Featured in 10 Most Trusted Hospitals in Pune
Our Health & Diagnostic Packages
- Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN)
- Serum Alanine Transaminase (SGPT)
- Serum Alkaline Phosphatase
- Serum Aspartate Transaminase (SGOT)
- Serum Bilirubin (Total, Direct & Indirect)
- Serum Creatinine
- Serum Electrolytes
- Serum Protein
- Thyroid Profile Total (T3,T4&TSH)
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin D
- PAP Smear
- Haemogram (Cbc)
- Dental Consultation(Package)
- Dietician Consultation (First Visit)
- Obs & Gynae Consultation(Package)
For detailed information contact us
Expert Medical Team
VishwaRaj Hospital prides itself in providing the best services for the most critical departments. We are equipped with the best state-of-the-art technology,
Department Of Obstetrics & Gynecology
The Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology Care makes sure that a pregnant mother and her baby are treated and taken care of with utmost priority. We follow a comprehensive approach towards women’s care during pre-pregnancy, pregnancy, and post-pregnancy phases, to ensure complete health and well-being of the mother and the child.
Was this blog helpful for you?
they found this blog helpful
Share this with
Last medically reviewed on