Why is microbiology useful in medicine?
Microbiology is a medical science where microbiologists are concerned with diagnosing infectious diseases and bringing out medical aid for that. The treatments and prevention are also part of microbiology. They study the various clinical supplication of microbes to better healthcare. Furthermore, they are also in charge of the safety of any patients. They take care of patients who are at risk of gaining any infectious diseases in the hospital and in general.
What is microbiology?
Microbiology is a subsection or a part of clinical pathology and comes under the department of pathology. It is a study of microorganisms such as bacteria, fungi, protozoa, etc., these microorganisms are invisible to the naked eye. Thus, when the scientist saw how microbes are responsible for a specific disease, they put pressure on their working analysis. This analysis helped in the advancement of the healthcare system.
The usefulness of Microbiology in Medicine
Microbiology is essential for several reasons. It helps to fix disease in the body, study human cells, and many other causes. They are as follows:
- Fight problem in the human body: It is the human body’s nature to fight with the microbes that enter the body. Macrophages have the capacity of ingesting microbes that enter the body through any open wounds. Thus, it has a vital role in the immunity system. Microbes have the nature of adaptation very quickly and rapidly. Moreover, they can even mature and outgrow in numbers rapidly. As a result, it causes a very infectious disease. HIV is the biggest example of such microbes. On the other hand, microbes can be beneficial for the body. Also, they are good bacteria is beneficial for the digestive system.
- For the study of human cells: Scientists found out antimicrobial drugs help the human body fights several diseases. These drugs are made by a thorough study of human cell mechanisms and microbiology. The microbiologist ensures to make drugs that target the harmful microbes in the body without harming the host. Bacteriorhodopsin is another example of the use of microbiology in medicine.
- Fluorescent fusion: Fluorescent fusion is a medical device where microbiology plays a vital role. It is beneficial for the fast detection of pathogens in the sample tissues. Microbiology in medicine helps make drugs that are beneficial for health and in various types of equipment or devices that help conduct experiments.
- Cosmetic contamination: Cosmetic microbiology is one of the most effective micro contaminations of cosmetic products. The result of this contamination is amicable and reasonable, which is very beneficial for consumers. The nutrients and the amount of water present in the cosmetic help the microbes grow appropriately. Hence the practice of microbiology in cosmetic medicine is very incredible.
Cosmetic microbiology has increased the value of microbiology in the medical field. With the growth of cosmetic microbiology, the impact of using microbes in cosmetics or medicine is also increasing. It helps to advance the healthcare sectors in various ways. Plus, it also helps to create vaccines and provide assistance to various devices as well. The pharmaceutical industry and medical industries have taken leads in discovering new usage of these micro bacteria, which will help to brighten humankind’s future.
Patients also want to know
Featured in 10 Most Trusted Hospitals in Pune
Our Health & Diagnostic Packages
- Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN)
- Serum Alanine Transaminase (SGPT)
- Serum Alkaline Phosphatase
- Serum Aspartate Transaminase (SGOT)
- Serum Bilirubin (Total, Direct & Indirect)
- Serum Creatinine
- Serum Electrolytes
- Serum Protein
- Thyroid Profile Total (T3,T4&TSH)
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin D
- PAP Smear
- Haemogram (Cbc)
- Dental Consultation(Package)
- Dietician Consultation (First Visit)
- Obs & Gynae Consultation(Package)
For detailed information contact us
Expert Medical Team
VishwaRaj Hospital prides itself in providing the best services for the most critical departments. We are equipped with the best state-of-the-art technology,
Department Of Pathology
Was this blog helpful for you?
they found this blog helpful
Share this with
Last medically reviewed on