6 min videoRead More
Symptoms of Heart Attack in Women
Some quick content to read
Heart Attack is a life-threatening disease for both men and women; however, the symptoms tend to vary. Pain in the chest, discomfort lasting for few minutes (sometimes occurring frequently), or pressure are a few of the common heart attack symptoms in men and women.
Women often experience heart attack symptoms highly not related to chest pain which goes unnoticeable. These symptoms include:
- Discomfort in jaw, neck, shoulder, upper back, or abdominal. The pain can either arise in one of the areas first or can directly show up in all the parts together
- Shortening of breath accompanied by abnormal fatigue or chest pain can be felt while lying down compared to the easiness they feel while sitting straight
- Sweating excessively or feeling extreme cold without any reason
- Pain in either one or both the arms
- Digestive and stomach related issues such as indigestion, nausea, vomiting
- Abnormal fatigue can make a woman exhausted even while performing the simplest of daily routine tasks
- Pain in the chest can be in form of pressure, tightness, squeezing, or aching like feeling
- Experiencing the combined symptoms of weakness along with dizziness, anxiety, or feeling giddy
- Facing disturbance in sleep cycle due to difficulty in getting sleep, waking up unusually at any time during sleep, feeling exhausted regardless of having a good sleep
Women experiencing the post-menopause phase are considered to be at higher risk as the reduced level of estrogens increases the chances of a heart attack.
The symptoms of a heart attack in women post-menopause include:
- Rigorous chest pain
- Excessive sweating without performing any activity
- Quick or lopsided heartbeat
- Pain or discomfort in neck, jaw, arms, back, or even stomach
These above-mentioned symptoms at first seem to be unclear when it comes to associate them with a deadly situation like that of a heart attack. Moreover, even emotional stress at times can play a major role in activating the symptoms of a heart attack in women. The reason behind these symptoms being unclear is because women tend to have blockages in their smaller arteries along with the main ones. These symptoms of a heart attack in women usually show up when a woman is resting or even napping. Due to these unusual symptoms, it becomes difficult for women to identify a condition as severe as getting a heart attack. Often such symptoms get diagnosed directly inside the emergency room when damage is already caused to the heart.
In one of our previous blogs https://vishwarajhospital.com/12-reasons-you-may-want-to-see-a-cardiologist/, we have shared a few of the major reasons why an individual should go for a regular heart check-up. Having the expert Cardiologist on board along with the well-equipped Centre for Cardiac Sciences we at Vishwaraj Hospital possess one of the best cardiology departments in Pune. Over the years we have been treating a lot of patients suffering from cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) and in our latest blog, we will be sharing information related to the symptoms of a heart attack in women.
Conclusion: It is advisable to consult your family doctor on an immediate basis when you tend to get a hint of any of the above-described symptoms of a heart attack.
VishwaRaj is a Heart Specialist Hospital In Pune
Patient also want to know
A heart attack usually occurs when the blood cannot flow to the heart smoothly. Also known as myocardial infarction, a heart attack can become lethal quickly. However, due to advanced medical treatments, it is now possible to save people’s life more than before.
Featured in 10 Most Trusted Hospitals in Pune
Our Health & Diagnostic Packages
- Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN)
- Serum Alanine Transaminase (SGPT)
- Serum Alkaline Phosphatase
- Serum Aspartate Transaminase (SGOT)
- Serum Bilirubin (Total, Direct & Indirect)
- Serum Creatinine
- Serum Electrolytes
- Serum Protein
- Thyroid Profile Total (T3,T4&TSH)
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin D
- PAP Smear
- Haemogram (Cbc)
- Dental Consultation(Package)
- Dietician Consultation (First Visit)
- Obs & Gynae Consultation(Package)
For detailed information contact us
Expert Medical Team
VishwaRaj Hospital prides itself in providing the best services for the most critical departments. We are equipped with the best state-of-the-art technology,